Google Chrome is the most downloaded and used web browser that’s used widely across the globe. It has gained immense popularity among web users because of its simplicity and easy usage. Chrome has many awesome features which make it stand out from the rest of the browsers. One such feature is the ability to set a font and font size in Google Chrome. Fonts are an integral part of typography and help make your website look eye-catchy, appealing, and beautiful online. This article will tell you how to change font in Google chrome as well as font size step by step with help of images.
When browsing a website for new styles or some ideas, you might find that you have to keep putting on your glasses because the font is too small. It’s difficult to read, and the toolbars can get in the way of your satisfaction. There’s no need to worry, though. With a few easy steps, you can change the font in Google Chrome as well as the font size.
Why we Need to Change Font and Font Size in Google Chrome
It is a very common practice to change the font size and font in Google Chrome. There are various reasons behind this habit of changing the fonts on your browser. Some people use it for their own comfort and others use it to make the text more readable.
In order to make you understand why people want to change the font, I will explain its advantages here:
- It helps in improving the readability of text content on websites as well as blogs and articles. If you have been using a particular font, you may find that some of these websites don’t look good with that particular font because they were not designed for it initially. This can be solved by changing your browser’s default settings so that all websites would be displayed in a way that makes them easier to read with no extra effort from your side. It helps in improving the overall look of your website or blog.
- If you have been using a particular font, it may not be the right one for your content. This can be solved by changing your browser’s default settings so that all websites would be displayed in a way that makes them easier to read with no extra effort from your side
- It helps in making the text more readable on websites that are not designed for your default font. This is especially true for websites that use different fonts for their content and titles.
- It is also useful for people who have low vision or dyslexia. Dyslexics find it difficult to read text written in certain fonts like Comic Sans and Papyrus. Changing the font can help them read it more easily.
- It can help you in reducing eye fatigue. If you spend a lot of time on the computer, changing the font is one way to reduce eye strain. It will also make your eyes feel less tired after reading for a long time
How to Change Font in Google Chrome
STEP 1: Open Google Chrome
STEP 2: Click on the three lines in the upper-right corner to open your menu.
STEP 3: Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
STEP 4: Click on “Appearance” from the list of categories on the left side of the screen,
STEP 5: Then click “Customize fonts” under Customize and Control Google Chrome at the bottom of that page (see image below).
STEP 6: Click on the Customize fonts button. The Fonts window will open. You can adjust font settings here to change the size, and style of your text.
Customize fonts in Google Chrome.
To change the font and font size in Google Chrome, do the following:
Here, choose your preferred font from the dropdown menu next to Standard font.
- Here, choose your preferred font from the dropdown menu next to Standard font.
- You can choose a font that is not on the list or even one that is not installed on your computer.
Now, choose your preferred Serif font from the dropdown menu next to Serif.
- Now, choose your preferred Serif font from the dropdown menu next to Serif.
Choose your preferred Sans-serif font from the dropdown menu next to Sans-serif.
- Click on the dropdown menu next to Sans-serif and select your preferred sans-serif font. You will see a list of fonts that are available on your computer. Choose from this list, or choose “Other” if you want to check for additional fonts in the Google Fonts database.
- Google Chrome allows you to change both the font and its size at once by choosing from a list of preselected options (such as bold, italicized, etc.) or by selecting from an alphabetical list of available fonts.
Choose your preferred Fixed-width font from the dropdown menu next to Fixed-width.
- You can choose your preferred Fixed-width font from the dropdown menu next to Fixed-width.
- Fixed-width fonts are better for coding and programming because they look similar to computer code. They are also called monospaced fonts. They are not good for body text, as they do not have any space between letters, which makes it difficult to read long passages of the body text in a fixed-width font.
How to Change Font Size in Google Chrome on Your Current Page
Step 1: Open Google Chrome
Step 2: Click More at the top right corner.
Step 3: Choose the “Zoom” option
- Make Text Larger: Press Plus+ Button to increase your zoom level.
- Windows: Press and hold keys Ctrl and +
- Linux: Press and hold keys Ctrl and +
- Mac OS: Press and hold keys ⌘ and +.
- Chrome OS: Press and hold keys Ctrl and +.
- Make Text Smaller: Press Minus– Button to decrease your zoom level.
- Windows: Press and hold keys Ctrl and –
- Linux: Press and hold keys Ctrl and –
- Mac OS: Press and hold keys ⌘ and –
- Chrome OS: Press and hold keys Ctrl and –
- Full Screen: Click this to make your screen full.
- Windows: Press the key F11
- Linux: Press the key F11
- Mac OS: Press the keys ⌘ +Ctrl+f
- Chrome OS: Press F4 or icon
How to Manage font size in Google Chrome for Specific Sites
To Reset the font size in Google Chrome for specific sites you have to follow the simple steps:
Step 1: Open Google Chrome
Step 2: Click More ( Three Dots) at the top right corner of the window.
Step 3: Go to “Settings”
Step 4: Then Click “Privacy and security”
Step 5: Click “Site Settings”
Step 6: Click “Additional content settings”
Step 7: Click “Zoom levels”
Step 8: Click x to reset your font size or zoom level for that specific site
How to Change font Size in Google Chrome for All Webpages?
Changing the font size is an easy way to make web pages easier to read. You can change the size of everything on a webpage, including text, images, and videos. This is especially helpful if you have trouble seeing small text on a computer screen.
To change the size of everything on a webpage:
Step 1: Open Google Chrome
Step 2: Click on the three-dot lines in the upper-right corner to open your menu.
Step 3: Select Settings from the dropdown menu,
Step 4: Click on “Appearance” from the list of categories on the left side of the screen,
Step 5: Choose a font size from each of these dropdown menus: Very small, Small, Medium ( Recommended) , Large, Very large, Custom
Note: Chrome can adjust the font size for most websites, but some sites don’t let users make changes to their font size.
Now that you know how to change fonts in Google Chrome, you can make your browser more comfortable for use by adjusting its appearance. You can set the font, font size, and colors of your web pages in Chrome.
Can you change your Google font?
Yes, you can change your Google font!
To change your font, first, go to the settings tab on your browser and select “Appearance.” The next screen will have a selection of fonts to choose from. You can also change the size of your font here.
What is the default font for Google Chrome?
The default font for Google Chrome is the user’s system default font.
If you are using Windows, this is typically Arial or Times New Roman. Mac users will find that the default font is Helvetica.
how to change font in chrome windows 10?
To change the font in Chrome on Windows 10:
1. Open the Chrome browser.
2. Click on the three-line menu in the top-right corner of the window, then select Settings.
3. In Settings, scroll down to Appearance and click Change Font Size and Appearance.
4. From here, you can choose from a variety of fonts and styles.